Summer Intership

I'm hoping and waiting for something to sing
Like the angels in heaven, or the bums on the street
Hoping for love to find a new voice
The song that needs singing has already been sung before

2 Timothy 4:2 - Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.

These are words I will always want to live by... I hope you get a chance to follow me during the 10 weeks I spend in Richmond, VA at Church Hill Activities and Tutoring creating relationships and serving the Lord. I will try and update it on a daily basis so that you can follow my journey.

Thank you all for your prayers and support!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

I'm here!


So I’m not really sure how a blog is suppose to work, but I’m going to treat it as a journal for the weeks I am here in Church Hill.

I flew into Richmond and my good friend Mackenzie Mumey and the father of my host family, Matt, picked me up from the airport. The flight was a time devoted to prayer and that prayer being interrupted by the man sitting next to me. I also read, on the flight, “What Good Is God?” (for the second time), which was a great spiritual tool for me in the past and I think it is a great resource for me at this time. I prayed for an open mind and for the Lord to use me in any way He sees fit.

During the flight, I kept coming back to the word grace. I here this word tossed around a lot and I understand the meaning behind it, but while reading I got another aspect of grace.

The Lord has forgiven me of my sins through his amazing grace, but do I walk and live in that grace? Do I live my life as if I were washed clean of all unrighteousness? Am I free of my prior sins and walk in confidence in what Jesus did for me?

I’m not really sure. I hope so. Guilt and prior scars are things we all deal with, but more and more, I am realizing that the Lord’s grace is not only for my eternal security after I die, but something I can be confident in, in the midst of trials and tribulations here on earth. I think the Lord is revealing things to me so that I am prepared for whatever I encounter. I am here in Richmond and have no expectations and have put no stranglehold on God’s direction for me. I know He is limitless and will direct me in any way He pleases.

I experienced my first drive through Church Hill and I got to see the housing projects and “rough” parts of the neighborhood. I think my favorite part of CHAT will be actually living in the community that I will serve. The house that I am staying at is right in Church Hill and is a historic and beautiful house. I have not met the entire family yet because I arrived late at night, but I am excited to meet the wife and the two young kids, Jack and Clark, in the morning. I am thrilled to be here and my first real day starts tomorrow!

Peace and Love,
Tyler

4 comments:

  1. Good stuff....as the Scriptures say, when you know the grace of God in truth, it will bring forth fruit in you and other. Continue to be open to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at Colossians 1:6 for reference

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome...so proud of you son! Living your dream- and keeping us your testimony (LOL). Will read and pray for you every day!

    ReplyDelete