Summer Intership

I'm hoping and waiting for something to sing
Like the angels in heaven, or the bums on the street
Hoping for love to find a new voice
The song that needs singing has already been sung before

2 Timothy 4:2 - Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.

These are words I will always want to live by... I hope you get a chance to follow me during the 10 weeks I spend in Richmond, VA at Church Hill Activities and Tutoring creating relationships and serving the Lord. I will try and update it on a daily basis so that you can follow my journey.

Thank you all for your prayers and support!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Get to work!


Started the day with another devotional in which someone from CHAT gives a testimony. We heard another great and unique testimony from CHAT’s funding manager. She spoke about mistakes and how to overcome those mistakes. It was a very encouraging word for me to here.

From then on, a fellow CHAT summer intern and me were given the job to drive around to certain spots to pick up donations for a yard sale in two weeks.  I would have never guessed that my knowledge of thrift stores and moving furniture would help me serve the Kingdom, but it did. Thanks Johnny! These spots were we picked donations included many different areas all over town. We drove around from 10:30am to around 6:00pm, with a lunch break in between, picking up all types of items that can be sold at a yard sale for CHAT. All this driving gave me a better perception over the city of Richmond and how it is completely split. It gives a whole new meaning into “crossing over the tracks.” Once you passed the railroad tracks in Richmond, you had entered an affluent area were life on the East End is forgotten and the “poor folks” are just the poor folks on the other side of town. There is no denying the economic disparity, along with the racial disparity between the East End (poor area) and the West End (wealthy area). It really opened my eyes on how deliberate these actions are, of people to move into Church Hill when they can easily go live on the other side of town and ignore a massive problem within there own city. CHAT is doing what I would picture Jesus doing if He were to live in Richmond.

Today was all about work ethic and how much I was willing to put my nose to the floor and say “whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.” A new focus of mine is to really wake up each day and knowing that if I want to make something positive happen that I am really going to have to work hard and fight for it. WORK ETHIC, WORK ETHIC, WORK ETHIC! The Lord is preaching that to me every single step of the way. (along with that, DON'T COMPLAIN, DON'T COMPLAIN, DON'T COMPLAIN! lol)

I love the relationships I am building and I hope that I can continue this every single day!

Colossians 3:23 – “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.”

No comments:

Post a Comment