Summer Intership

I'm hoping and waiting for something to sing
Like the angels in heaven, or the bums on the street
Hoping for love to find a new voice
The song that needs singing has already been sung before

2 Timothy 4:2 - Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.

These are words I will always want to live by... I hope you get a chance to follow me during the 10 weeks I spend in Richmond, VA at Church Hill Activities and Tutoring creating relationships and serving the Lord. I will try and update it on a daily basis so that you can follow my journey.

Thank you all for your prayers and support!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hold your Pearl close...


So... nothing really happening on Saturday, besides a trip to the Flying Squirrels game (AA baseball team in Richmond). Got to go with all the interns, including a bunch of the students I will be interacting with over the summer. Took a "short bus" back and forth from the game with the interns and it was nuts!!! We have video proof... check it out on my Facebook page (I'm tagged in a video).

Weekend was all about rest! Luckily East End Fellowship (my church, if you didn't already know) starts at 4pm. Slept in, chilled, read, and ate... pretty simple day till 4. Went to church and heard one of the best sermons I have ever heard (fo' realz). Percy Strickland, founder of CHAT, gave a profound word into Matthew 7:1-6. (I am specifically not going to write scriptures down anymore so that you guys will have to find them on your own... sound ok?... good!) This passage is famous for judgment and more specifically the judgment from one human to another. Percy talked about how devastating it is when we become so blinded by our own "junk" that we start ridiculing others for the same thing. Judgment is a tough subject to tackle, but Percy laid it right out on the line and told us the truth. That we should always focus on the cross, and how the Lord has forgiven us, to make us humble to others faults and failures. This passage talks about pearls and how we shouldn't toss our Pearl's in with the swine. The Pearl that the Lord is talking about is the Gospel message. How we should treasure it and hold it close to our hearts so that when we enter the world people can see the Gospel in our lives. It is not about judgment, but more about understanding the sin in your own life and making it abundantly clear to treasure what the Lord has done for you through His perfect Son.

Played some soccer... watched the game (pick it up Mav's!!!) and now sitting here writing this.

Hold your Pearl close and see how God works!
Matthew 7:1-6

- Dirty Hands (which is my nickname here in Church Hill... no one will ever know, besides me, Mackenzie, and Percy) lol

1 comment:

  1. OK my brother, where are the current updates....I'm always encouraged to hear more of what God is doing in your life and others. Just Do It. LU

    ReplyDelete