Summer Intership

I'm hoping and waiting for something to sing
Like the angels in heaven, or the bums on the street
Hoping for love to find a new voice
The song that needs singing has already been sung before

2 Timothy 4:2 - Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.

These are words I will always want to live by... I hope you get a chance to follow me during the 10 weeks I spend in Richmond, VA at Church Hill Activities and Tutoring creating relationships and serving the Lord. I will try and update it on a daily basis so that you can follow my journey.

Thank you all for your prayers and support!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mercy triumphs over judgment

These past two days have been devoted to planning for Nehemiah’s Workshop. I had coffee with the two adults that are in charge of the workshop, went to a golf banquet held to raise support for the workshop and spent time with AJ and Ja’quan, just building relationships and figuring out how I can be an influence. This is all brand new to me, but I am learning fast and AJ and Ja’quan already know what they are doing so I will just jump right in. We will not start actually building are products until June 22nd, but many things have to be done before that time so that everything can run smoothly.  Excited is not what I thought I would be feeling, but after some time putting together a solid plan, this truly is what I am going to love. A mission statement, a logo, a sales pitch, updating prices, teaching profit margins, inventory, accounting… overall, just putting together an actual business plan is what the next two weeks will be about. It is AJ and Ja’quan’s company and I am there to assist and guide. I pray and hope that God will give me the tools to make this a valuable time for them to learn about how a business works and can give them some tangible tools to walk away with. More importantly, I hope God gives me His voice to speak words of wisdom and encouragement into their lives.

So… a lot has gone into planning Nehemiah’s workshop, but there has been other things happening.

James Chapter 2!!!! Woah… what a scary verse to tackle, but today we had a staff meeting that Percy led and we discussed this verse in great detail. (like I said before, read it now… that’s right… pick up your Bible and read this chapter… it shall not return void!) We read verses 1-13, and Percy asked, “what stood out?” to the 30 staff members, and I replied with the final words of these verses, “mercy triumphs over judgment.” That might not be the part that jumps out at you, but as of lately confusion over this chapter and over the Lord’s judgment has been surrounding me. The Lord is Judge, but His mercy triumphs over judgment. SIMPLE AS THAT! PERIOD. END OF STORY! Percy is one of those teachers that I feel like every time he speaks, I see things more clearly. I know that the Lord has put this man into my life so I can soak him up like a sponge and learn as much as I can from him.

The story goes on and James 2 finishes with some valuable principles. Read, meditate and discuss this chapter with people. Understand that this chapter is often confused with “good deeds” being the answer to salvation, but remember that it is the conviction of the Lord for your faith and grace, alone, is the answer to salvation. We should not run away, or ignore this verse, but accept it as Christ’s Word and devour it in the context in which it was written.

Time! The Lord tells us, and has especially told me of lately, that time is our most precious resource and that we should treasure it. This idea has been on my heart, and today I was able to practice it. Today, I woke up more tired than I can ever remember being, but I knew that every waking moment I have is a blessing and needs to be fought through in times of despair and weakness. Focus and the Lord’s strength can get you through. Every moment you have is of value and it slips away by second… by minute… by hour!

See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
- Ephesians 5:15-17 (KJV)

Mercy triumphs over judgment!!!!

Peace and Love,
Dirty Hands

3 comments:

  1. From one that tends to judge before giving mercy ... This was such a good reminder to me. I always want others to give mercy to me ... I want to strive to do the same thing to others. Thanks for sharing. MMP
    TWBD
    2 Chron. 16:9

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will give mercy over your spelling...lol. Never knew what an awesome writer you were, must have got that from Amy or Mama. Glad you take the time each day, even though you are tired, to write. Love you with all my heart and soul. Can't wait to meet Percy and your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man O Man....I need more to continue to share the excitement. I know you're very busy, but the outside world needs to keep up with what God is doing. I look for more info and pray for you daily that you'll keep up the good work and push on. LU

    ReplyDelete